Where can I take my child for Psychological or I.Q. testing?

If you are concerned about your child’s psychological well-being or intellectual functioning, here are some helpful points:

  • If your child is functioning below grade level, you can request that the school perform intelligence and achievement testing.
  • If your child is performing above grade level, you can ask the school or the district to test for the Extended Learning Program (ELP).
  • Some psychologists in private practice will give a complete assessment for learning and emotional well-being. Check your insurance company’s preferred provider list or the yellow pages.

Posted in: FAQ